Tuesday, September 29, 2009

W4_thoughts

-was looking at extreme environments
-was digging myself in a hole because it was becoming a system rather than something specific- too much variability
-took a step back and looked at my interests again other than climate on site
-and I’m interested in the relationship between topography and the building-so how a building is not just shoved into the ground but relates to its context
-I am also still interested in cultural context and being able to incorporate very local ideas into the building
-so I picked a location in South America because I’ve been there and I’m interested in ancient native cultures.. ex. Incas, mayans
-more specifically I picked one of the more researched and documented historical Incan sites, Machu Picchu
-the site has a lot going on within it, but also has had a lot of changes around it since it became a world heritage site because of the dramatic increase in tourism.

No comments:

Post a Comment